Monday, July 29, 2013

One door closes another door opens

This quote was one used often in my family home when I was growing up.  It covered so many different situations - from walking away from a bad situation and looking to a brighter future to taking on a new challenge which required leaving behind the safety of what I knew. 

Some time ago I took a class at Big Picture Classes where I came across a blog link to one of their teachers - Jennifer Mohler.   She had started a project which she outlined on her blog (click her name to go there and check it out for yourself) called 100 Life changing moments.  Her story inspired me to start my own list of life changing moments and to start scrapping my life in the hope that my kids will, in years to come, understand a little more about who I am and how I got to the point of becoming their mum.

This layout is a result of that list and I thought the old quote I grew up with summed up this point in my life really well.  Add to this that Molossi had sent me some wonderful chipboard to play with in July which featured all kinds of hardware including doors, locks and keys and I was ready to have some fun. 


This layout tells the story and shows the pictures of my move from NSW to QLD in 1991.  I was lucky enough to have 2 parties - one with family and the other with friends to celebrate this bold move away from my family home, lifetime friends and everything I knew.  It was scary but exciting at the same time.   I didn't know at the time but these photos would also be the last ones I would have taken in this house as a couple of years after I left the house had to be demolished due to termite damage and a new home now stands in it's place.  For this reason also - these photos with those I love in them are very special.

The journaling for this layout is hidden behind the large Molossi chipboard door on the right side page - it opens on hinges to allow the journaling to be read.  The smaller doors, locks, keys and the gorgeous chipboard hanging sign which the title is displayed on are all from Molossi's stunning range of chipboard.  Follow this link to check out their entire range or ask your local scrapbook retailer if they can get you some - www.molossi.com.au

thanks for dropping by and checking out what I've been scrapping - I'm off to finalise the last card for my school card workshop this Wednesday so I hope to be back to share those cards later in the week.

Molossi have just sent me a beautiful new bag of goodies to play with for August so you'll be seeing something else with their stuff real soon :)

bye for now.....


2 comments:

  1. I love these pages Jo...what an awesome idea for a scrapbook...I cant wait to see more.
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Khris - maybe all those school photos you are finding can get you started :)

      Delete