Tuesday, July 30, 2013

card class and a little visitor

The car is packed and ready to head to Brassall this afternoon for our card class for this term at school with some of the teachers and staff :)  Here is a peek at what we will be creating this afternoon -

My preparations were almost complete yesterday when I started to clear the scraproom of my mess and file away any scraps into the hanging files I have in a 4 drawer filing cabinet at the back of my scraproom.  I keep my patterned paper scraps in the top drawer of one cabinet and the cardboard scraps in the top drawer of the cabinet beside it.  The other drawers are full of plastic boxes housing my chipboard lettering & shapes as well as die cut shapes and stickers and all the other little bits and pieces.  My brother in law brought me home these cabinets when they were being discarded from his work during an office refurbishment and I just love them.  However, this little visitor found coiled up underneath my patterned paper scraps yesterday afternoon was not so welcome.


I am still waiting for an official decision from Wildlife Qld but the general consensus from those in the know is that it is only a brown tree snake and only mildly venomous.  Our concern was that he was an Eastern brown and therefore highly venomous - in fact the 2nd most deadly snake in the world.  The disturbing part of this story is that we actually evicted this fellow from exactly the same spot about 10 days ago - hubby bravely donning his welding gloves and grabbing him and taking him to the bushland at the end of our driveway.  The fact that he is back just 10 days later in the same spot  has led to him being driven 5 kilometres away this time before his release!  Hopefully he not a homing pidgeon and won't be returning this time.

I now have an hour before school pickup is due and I'm free to re-enter my scrap room safely so I'm off to play! 

thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

  1. OMG...yukkk....hate, hate, hate snakes of any kind....good on Adrian.
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo, I do hope he cant find his way back.. oooooo I hate snakes!!

    ReplyDelete