Sunday, March 31, 2013

Scrappy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone and thanks for stopping by.  We have had a relatively quiet time here for a change.  Our older girls took off to visit their Mum and it was just hubby and I and the two little ones left behind.  We normally have a big Easter Sunday breakfast followed by the egg hunt and for the first time since the kids were babies it was just immediate family here for breakfast.  We were joined by some of our longest serving friends so the kids could do their hunt which made it so much more fun.

The upside to a quiet Easter is that I got some time in the scrap room.  I've completed 2 layouts and a card over the past couple of days - even with youngest daughter in there scrapping with me as well.  Casey completed a layout also and did a damn fine job too I might say!

Here are my efforts
These photos were taken on Australia Dayw hen we were isolated by floodwaters with both the nearby bridges under water.  The rain just kept coming but nothing could keep the kids from their new bikes. 
 
I have played with texture paste here and Dylusions and Glimmermist for the splashes of colour.  The bunting and cogs are all cut from scrap paper - throw in a few buttons and a Basic Grey chipboard flower with a Kaisercraft sparklet and most of the hardwork is done.  The alpha is Bella, painted and with a coating of Glossy Accents from Ranger.
 
 


I took these photos last weekend when we took our A Model ford out to my nephew's wedding.  They used the car for a few of the official bridal pics as well but here are my two babies posing in front of Dad's car.

I have used Kaisercraft's Pickled Pear collection of papers, some washi tape, a few acetate stars edged with mustard coloured Stazon ink, Tim Holtz alterations die - cogs and a Marianne Designs die which cut the gorgeous little old car in the top right corner.

The alpha is Bella cork and the chipboard cogs are Bo Bunny.  I have also used a Martha Stewart border punch.

Lastly, our little brood grew this week with the addition of a beautiful new niece.  Here is the card I made for her family to go with her welcome gift.



that's about all from my end of the world.  Hope your Easter has been happy and safe and loaded with all the goodies the Easter bunny could carry.

Stay safe and for those of you about to start school holidays - I hope you get through them with your sanity xx

No comments:

Post a Comment