Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Farewells, football and holidays

The end of another school term today and with it our family must say goodbye to Casey's Grade 1 teacher who is retiring :(  This lady is a very dedicated teacher and Casey thoroughly enjoyed her time with her during Grade 1.  The good literacy skills this lady instilled have helped Casey as she has continued her schooling so it is with a heavy heart we see her leave today but with joy for her for the next adventure in her life.  Here is the card I have made to show her how much we will miss her.  I love this quote which I found whilst scanning around the internet.

 
Casey is off playing touch football today as a gala day for school against other schools in the district - not usually the football player I am pleased that with just 30 minutes to school pickup I have not received a phone call advising me she's been carted off to hospital with something broken or sprained!  She was so excited to be playing today so we shall see at pickup time if this newfound excitement for football continues or has been sated.
 
As I head out the door for the usual 2.30 drive to school, it is with relief that it will be the last such trip for a couple of weeks whilst we break for the Easter holidays and with the realisation that those quiet few hours during the day where I get to create and occassionally blog will be minimal for the next couple of weeks.  If you don't see a blog post pop up for a while you know I'm out playing in the park, at the bowling alley throwing a few bowling balls or catching the last swims of the season in the pool with the kids.
 
I wish everyone a happy and above all safe Easter - may the Easter bunny bring you loads of chocolate and may you get to share the special meaning of Easter with those you love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment