Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Live Love Dance

Amazing as it seems I actually spent another afternoon in my scrap room this week and created a new layout - this time of my daughter and her friends, called Live Love Dance.  I used a challenge over at Scrap the Boys (OK so I didn't use boys as my photos so not real suitable, however, this is where the inspiration started.....) to use chipboard, mists or paint and washi tape.

I pulled out some mists which worked with my photo - in this case Dylusions Pillar Box Red and Lindy's Stamp Gang Luscious Lime & Hag's Wart Orange and got to work on a piece of white card - this I then cut into a circle thanks to the Crafter's Workshop Circles 'n' Circles template - love this template - it gives so many different circle sized options, worth having in any scrap tool kit.

Add some patterned paper - in this case Basic Grey Lauderdale cut to shape with the help of a Crafter's Workshop bracket template and a piece of red cardstock run through the cuttlebug with the beautiful Couture Collections Drifting Endless embossing folder and then rubbed down with some sandpaper.

For the pretties I have again been playing with Purple pumpkin products including their small resin flowers, paper doilies and music washi tape.  Some amazing chipboard from Meant to Be along with their felt flower.  I changed the colour of the chipboard with the help of some Adironack Pitch Black Dabber and outlined them with a copper Sakura Gelly Roll pen and then glazed them with some 3D laquer from Scrap Matts .  This 3d glaze is awesome, it comes in a little bottle like nail polish which allows you to add gloss to the tiniest of objects.

Finishing touches included some chipboard leaves from Twiddlybitz also coloured with Sakura gelly roll pens, some Kaisercraft flowers, Say it in Crystals gemstones, a Martha Stewart aster punch and the centre glory floral of a Prima Baroque Sienna flower and a Fairy Flora smaller flower.

Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful Jo. Vibrant beautifulcolors love the title too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've picked up the colours of the girls' costumes Jo. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete