Friday, April 5, 2013

Birthdays, banners and butterflies

This week at our house is dominated by friend's birthdays - we have 5 to celebrate this week! and one of our girls celebrates her birthday next Monday.   So, it was back to the scraproom to create some kids cards that will hopefully put a smile on the dial of the birthday girls and boys.

I did notice when I went to photograph them that there was a bit of a butterfly theme happening for the girls and banners for the boys - I suppose when you are on a roll you just have to go with it.




Add to these lot two a butterfly card which I've posted here previously starring a Purple Pumpkin embellishment and another card which I forgot to photograph before I darted out and handed it over the other day featuring an embossed background similar to the pink and black one above but all in whites and pinks and my butterfly theme is complete :)

One of the young boys celebrating is a Trash Packs fan - I have never come across this range before so I had fun researching a character to feature for his card.   I have found recently that where I usually reach for flowers to complete a feminine card, washi tape is my go to product for masculine stuff.  It added the perfect finishing touch for both the boys cards this week.

Tonight being Friday means I can escape back to my scrap room and am relieved from school holidays activities for a few brief hours.  Let's hope my mojo kicks in and I can actually scrap a layout before I return to my never ending April of cards ......

1 comment:

  1. I love these Jo! I might have to do a bit of scraplifting on that middle card - it's awesome! Looking forward to catching up in Brissy. I don't have a lot of spare time but we'll get together somehow!

    ReplyDelete