Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back to the classroom

Whilst school classes were sometimes a bit of a bore - there is nothing I enjoy more these days than being back in the classroom - this time however, it is online and it's scrapbooking!  I'm currently signed up for a 12 week course with the talented Nic Howard who is teaching a Dimensional Details class over at Big Picture Classes - www.bigpictureclasses.com.

One of the things I love about taking part in an online workshop such as this is that it makes me scrap regularly.  Although there is never pressure to "keep up" - it does motivate you to at least attempt to complete each of the week's assignments and get scrapping!  and the talent of the others scrappers from around the world sharing their work is inspirational to the scrapping mojo as well.

Here is a layout I've just created for class where we were working on using ink to shade behind the photos.  I love the soft look it gives instead of a photo mat.  Throw in some sanded edges, layered patterned paper strip and build it all up with the embellishments cluster and there we are.  I'm back in the habit of using baker's twine again too I've noticed - enjoying the movement it gives a page as a finishing touch.  As always the journalling has to be included - this time it's hidden in a little pull out pocket behind the central photo.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment