Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A year in the making

I'm not one to normally have unfinished projects in my scrapbook room - I start and usually finish the layout I'm working on, even if it takes me a few days to do so.  However, this particular layout was one I started whilst away on retreat in May 2011 and have finally this week finished it.  It is the story of my childhood home - a place of many happy memories and some tough times too.   Yes, it did require a lot of journalling - after all it is the place I grew up in and spent 15 years of my life and many many milestones but I think perhaps it was the thought of tackling that journalling that took sooooo long for this layout to come to completion.  All of the journalling is hidden behind the photo blocks on both pages and the journal block which slides out is printed on both sides - so yes, plenty of memories locked away there.

However, it is a layout I'm thrilled to have now in my album about me.  It has reminded me of all the reasons I called this place home and the trials, tribulations and celebrations that took place here.  I'm happy I've recorded it for myself to revisit and also for my children to realise in future years why this place holds such a special part of me.

 

The remainder of this week has disappeared into the world of dance - again my little girl is dancing at the local eisteddfod - this week is solos.  So, it is back to costume adjustments, making sure the tights are all in one piece, the dance shoes are all clean and the hair accessories are all packed.  Tomorrow she will step out on stage and make all the hard work of lessons, taxi service to and from and the costume preparations all worth while.  So, back to the needle and thread for me.

I hope the year's shortest day today is a good one for you!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous double Jo. Love the circle element on both pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne and thanks for stopping by my blog xx

    ReplyDelete