Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Australian Scrapbook & Papercraft Convention & Expo

It is with great excitement that I have booked my class schedule for the Australian Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo this weekend here in Brisbane at the Southbank Convention Centre.

I purchased a Pazzles die cutting machine back in 2008 and I confess, have hardly touched it.  The thought of pulling out the 131 page manual and working my way through it was always daunting and other than the occasional title or swirl here and there it has sat looking pretty on the end of my computer desk in the scrap room :(  So, when I saw that Addicted to Craft were bring Klo Oxford - the master of all things Pazzle to Brisbane for the expo I just had to jump online and book my spot in her 2 classes.  I will kick off with the beginners class in the morning - because let's face it that's where my current level of expertise is, despite having owned this machine for 4 years.  I'm then hoping that I have enough know how to go onto the afternoon advanced class (yipes) and learn how to really make the most of this machine.

So, here's hoping that the next few posts to my blog will include some projects and layouts created using my Pazzles!!!

I'm also excited to check out all the wonderful stalls at this year's expo.  I know of many of our friends from the retail stores around S.E Queensland whom we visit on our scrapbooking tours who are going to be there and I'm looking forward to catching up on all the scrap chatter with them.  I'm also looking forward to meeting in person Sue Smyth, the editor of Australian Scrapbook Ideas magazine and perhaps some of the other design team members for the mag at their stall.

To top off what I'm sure is going to be a very full and eventful day I'm blessed to have an old friend and work colleague from my past life (you know the one before kids) coming up from Victoria for the Expo.  She too is a scrapbooker these days and it has been an awfully long time since we last were in the same state let alone room together.  So, after we have learnt all we can for the day we are heading out to dinner and a long overdue dinner and catch up!

So, computer software for the Pazzles is all updated, laptop will be charged and ready to go, leave pass from hubby for the day and evening has been obtained and I'm ready to rock!

Hope to see a few others at the show.  I'll be wearing my Scrap of Difference jumper so if you see the logo - stop me and say Hi!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good on you Jo! I hope you have a great day and learn lots so you can rock your machine when you get home! I am going on the saturday!! Sooo Looking forward to a day escape!!! Thanks for coming by my blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there on Sunday at Monday, I'll say Hi if I see you wandering by :)

    ReplyDelete