Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cards and a fun challenge

This week saw me holding a card class at my children's school for some of the staff.  This is something we try and do once a term and we aim to complete at least 3 cards in the afternoon.  As everyone is becoming more and more comfortable with the various tools and procedures we have been able to make the cards more and more difficult.  Here are two of the cards we made this week
I found a similar card to this on the internet whilst browsing Pinterest but I'm sorry I can't remember which of the many I pinned was the greatest inspiration :(
 
This card started as one of our Friday night challenge cards.  We each select a card we have pinned and then everyone who wants to play has to create a card using the initial pinned card as their inspiration - needless to say no card ever looks the same at the end.  Here are two others I have created this week using the same method.

 
On other news - the Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo is in Brisbane this weekend.  This is a fabulous papercraft show and well worth the trip into the Southbank Exhibition Centre.  I'll be heading in on Saturday and am looking forward to catching up with friends I only get to see at Expo time and all the wonderful new products on display.  I'm super excited this Expo to be meeting the faces behind the folks of http://www.molossi.com.au/ (Molossi) who I now design for with their chipboard range.
 
The remainder of my weekend will be spent watching 10 year olds dance at our local Ipswich Junior Eisteddfod - kicking off by leaving tomorrow morning at 6am!!!  The things we do for our children :)  Honestly though, watching them up there doing their thing could bring no greater joy and let's face it - a whole load of new photographs to scrapbook!  Sad when the official photographers all know me by name - indication that I spend just a little too much money with them each year???
 
So, whatever the Queen's birthday weekend means for you - enjoy and stay safe :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment