Wednesday, October 31, 2012

More fun with dies

This week feels like one of those where I seem to have been active, but don't feel like I've achieved much.  However, despite that - I did manage to have a play, scrapping with a couple of good friends on Friday night and use my latest purchase from   Fancy That  - a gears and sprockets die.  I discovered this line of dies at the recent Quilting and Papercraft Fair here in Brisbane a couple of weeks back and am really enjoying them.  Throw in some chipboard from both Scrapmatts and Dusty Attic and the gear die from Tim Holtz Alterations range and a few unknown bits and pieces from my stash and that covered the dimensional side of the layout.  For a bit of interest in the background I've used the chicken wire mask/template from The Crafter's Workshop with a black soot distress ink from Tim Holtz.  The tape was another treasure from my stash - in the days before washi :) but it linked well to the aeroplane chippy~

The border punch is from Fiskars and the patterned paper is a Teresa Collins damask range.

Here is the end result

Away from scrapping, I had a lady front on my doorstep the other day as part of her job and it ended up we used to know each other from High School - over 1200 kms and 20 plus years prior and here she was living not more than 10 mins down the road.  It prompted me to sort through some old photos and find our old soccer team photo with us both in it.  I've also found some other treasures in the old photos box (from those days when I was someone thinner I might add :) so expect to see some of those photos gracing my layouts in the coming weeks - time to get back to that Book About Me I'm thinking.

This trip down memory lane has also resulted in me thinking about the special people from my past that I sadly don't see too much of,  or if at all these days.  These people played such important roles in my life at one time or another and it's sad to think that with some of them I have no idea where they are now - I suppose people come in and out of our lives for different reasons at different times but I hope they all know the impact they leave behind. 

So, for those of you who are still a part of my life I take this opportunity to say thank you for the part you play and what you bring to my life xxx

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Great LO and can't wait to see some old pics on LO's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout looks great Jo, it sounds like you have been having fun with your dies.. that is the part about the shows that I love, seeing the things that just are not in Toowoomba shops.. Love the cogs and gears for a male layout... and it sounds like you had a good little trip down memory lane too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the background masking hexagons and those gear cogs !

    ReplyDelete