Thursday, July 12, 2012

Enjoy the Moments that make you smile!

In the past couple of weeks my Mum has lost two of her dearest friends.  I have known both these beautiful women for over 40 years and they have each played a large part in my life.  Sitting in my family church in Avalon Beach in NSW yesterday at one of their funerals,  I listened as family members and friends stood up and remembered the things about one of these women that made them smile.
Simple things like a full table of people sharing a meal and a story, a look that she was able to give her children which spoke volumes, her endless supply of energy for helping other people and how those efforts made those peoples lives richer, lamington drives, time spent with children and someone who was always at the end of the phone if you needed her.  Whilst this day was sad to be saying goodbye - it was also a celebration of all the things in her life which had made us enjoy our moments with her so much more and a reminder of all the things about her which make us smile when we think of her.

When I sat to write this blog post having just returned back to Queensland, I realised that the last layout I completed for the wonderful expanded version of the Dimensional Details class with Nic Howard that I'm doing over at Big Picture Classes is in fact entitled "Enjoy the Moments that make you Smile".  Life has been very hectic of late and perhaps I needed a gentle reminder that there is so much in my life I'm thankful for and sometimes I need to sit back and remember to celebrate those moments.  Thank goodness for my scrapbooking - it allows me to celebrate those moments and keep them on hand as reminders.

Here is my latest scrapping endeavours

The Dimensional Details class has just kicked into Week 2 - I'm not sure if it is still open for new registrations but if you're thinking about it - check it out.  A fantastic class for content and the support of the other participants from all around the world on the gallery and the forums is incredible.  I'm sure you'll love it and make some new scrappy friends along the way! www.bigpictureclasses.com  is the link.

Sorry the photo looks a bit dark - there is a transparency over the top of the photo and it has made it a bit hazy when I scan :(

Thanks for looking and I hope your week is full of moments that make you smile!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo.. It sounds like your life has been busy of late... and I am sorry for the loss of your dear friend too... this layout is really lovely.. and it is the moments we try to capture when we scrap too... I hope you are having a good day!!

    ReplyDelete